Is a special ministry for developmentally challenged people ages 18+ in our neighborhood. It is a successful program in which each handicapped person is matched, one-on-one, with a committed volunteer.
The goals of the program are for persons who are developmentally challenged to:
- have a safe environment in which to grow in their knowledge of God and His word
- experience a sense of belonging to Christ’s body and commit their lives to Christ
- and that the church will grow in love for, and acceptance of, persons who are developmentally challenged.
How is this accomplished?
- Each week, the Friendship group gathers to converse, share stories, praise and worship and listen to a group leader teach a Bible story,
- later in the evening, each individual meets in a one-to-one time with his or her teacher/friend to better understand the Bible story,
- after that , there is a time of socializing, including coffee and snack, games, crafts and prayer.
- Special events – each year the Friendship Group has a weekend retreat at William Watson Lodge in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park in Kananaskis, as well as gatherings in the summer to stay connected.
Meetings are held every Thursday from 7:00-9:00 pm, September through May. Please check Thursdays on the Events Calendar to verify the schedule.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the church office at 403-243-2244 to be directed to a Friendship coordinator.