River Park Church strives to be a caring community that lets us be honest about how we feel.
All of us have times where we feel sad or frustrated or confused. From situations of stress, grief, loneliness, illness or any other burden we may carry, when we share them, instead of carrying them alone, life can feel much better.
River Park Church’s pastors have had training to help in those tough times. They can also help you with referrals to professional care.
In addition to pastoral help, the deacons at River Park Church can provide assistance to those who need help with budgeting or benevolence assistance.
- What do you need?
- How can we help?
- May we pray with you?
Do you live in the area of River Park Church and need help with food, clothing, utility bills, bus tickets, medical expenses or rent? If so, please let the deacons know your needs. You can call the church at 403-243-2244 and leave a message, or email us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and a way to contact you.
Our pastors, Journey Partners (trained to listen and walk with those who may feel overwhelmed due to life’s circumstances), elders, and deacons have been trained to keep your information confidential while helping you to find God’s peace.
If you have questions or concerns about your own mental health,
- talk with your doctor about them.
- If you do not have a doctor,
- you may call Access Mental Health at 403-943-1500.
- a mental health professional will
- listen carefully,
- will explain resources that are available for you,
- and may even help you to connect with those resources.
If you, or someone you know, is in crisis,
- you may call the Calgary Distress Centre, 403-266-HELP (4357).
- Their Professional staff and highly trained volunteers work together to provide progressive and innovative crisis telephone services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to all Calgarians regardless of language, ethnicity or financial situation.
Links to some professional counselling services:
- This organization addresses issues that include: depression, stress, grief, anxiety, low self-esteem, anger, personal growth, communication difficulties, boundaries, spiritual questions, marital and relationship conflict as well as family violence, physical, sexual and spiritual abuse. Phone 403-705-3474.
- This organization provides individual, family and group therapy for individuals of all socio-economic levels. There is an intake process, which can be completed by phone or online, and a counselor will makecontact within two business days. Walk-in services are also available. Phone 403-691-5991
- This organization offers professional individual and group counselling services to anyone in need, who lives in or around Calgary. Whether you need help coping with life challenges, relationship issues, social interactions, or clinical problems like depression, Catholic Family Service can help. We are committed to treating all clients with respect and compassion, and helping people from all faith and cultural backgrounds. Phone 403-233-2360.